Takagi Tankless flushing. (416) 402-8295
Over time, a tankless water heater can accumulate minerals that can build up on and erode the walls inside your tank's heating chamber. To properly maintain and clean your tankless water heater, you must flush and remove the mineral deposits from your tank at least once per year. Continue reading to learn how you can maintain your tankless water heater to ensure its optimal performance and efficiency.
Turn off the power source for your tankless water heater.
- This can be done by shutting off the main gas or turning off the circuit breaker for electrical devices.
- This procedure will prevent cold water from flowing into the water heater and prevent hot water from coming out during the cleaning process.
- The water valves consist of a cold water valve that may be colored blue, a hot water valve that may be colored red, and a third main valve that runs the water into your home.
- If the manufacturer of your tankless water heater did not provide you with hosing lines, you can purchase them from any retail store specializing in home repair or water heaters. The hosing lines must be long enough to reach between the water heater and your bucket.
- You may need to consult your manual provided by the tankless water heater's manufacturer or contact the manufacturer directly for exact instructions regarding this procedure.
- In some cases, this procedure may require you to use a sump pump and connect hoses that will discharge and flush water from the tankless water heater using the cold and hot water valves.
- Since your tankless water heater is most likely the source of all your drinking water and bathing water, using chemical cleaning solutions may be extremely harmful to your health.
- This procedure may take up to 45 minutes.
Close the purge port valves by twisting the "T"-shaped handles after the flushing process has been completed.
Disconnect and remove the hosing lines from each water valve.
- Tighten the caps completely and firmly without breaking the rubber sealing discs located inside the caps.
Takagi Tankless Canada water heater repair sales, service and installation parts.
Mississauga, Milton, Markhan, Brampton, Etobicoke, Toronto, East York, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Vaughan, Woodbridge, Thornhill, Richmond hill, Maple, Streetsville, Burlington, Bolton, Caledon, King city, Orangeville, Stouffville, Ajax, Whitby, Port Credit, Clarkson Oshawa, Georgetown